One of the most important things you can do when you are expecting a new baby is to forget about a good baby monitor.
But even if you do get one, there is a great value in investing in the right kind of indoor security camera along with the monitor you choose.
The Main Difference Between Nanit Smart Baby Monitor vs Nest Camera
- The Nanit is specially designed as a children’s camera, whereas the Nest is an all-purpose observation camera
Nanit offers full 2-way sound, whereas Nest only has a visual monitoring camera
- You can see right now that the camera offers both peace of mind and, well, security. But more than that, they provide a lasting sense of security that even years beyond the need for a child monitor.
- Once your child is older than that and you no longer feel the need for a camera in their home, you can always move any one of them out of their bedroom to be able to keep an eye on him or her. And unlike most video baby monitors, you don’t have to get rid of them anywhere under the line, because there will always be a practical use for an indoor security camera in your home.
- Since some of the beauty of this type of camera lies in its ability to recreate footage later, it is important to note the storage and memory offered by each device.
- With the purchase of Nanit, you will automatically receive one-year Nanit Insights, which typically retail for $ 100 per year and allow you to view footage from the past 30 days.
- For 50 a year, Nest will give you the ability to continuously record and access up to five days of the previous footage. However, if you want to be able to access 30 days of footage with Nest, you need to upgrade the Nest Aware Cloud System to a 300 / year plan.
More Difference Between point
- Of course, the best and worst of each go beyond their storage options, so it’s important to look at each child’s camera from every possible angle.
- As far as baby cameras go, the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor does more than just monitor your baby. It also tracks his or her temperature, and any movement in the room and features both night vision and night light.
It can easily be mounted on the sidewall of your baby’s cage so that the camera points downwards to give you a clean and uninterrupted feed while your baby sleeps.
- Or, you can buy a floor stand separately and choose to use it to get the camera in the right position. Since you download the corresponding app to go with the camera, you can always keep an eye on your phone’s feed, even when you are not at home and you have left your baby with the sitter.
- And when you come back and want to open other apps on your phone, you can still choose to have the sound of the camera feed in the background of your phone.
- And the security is really a big part of asking for this type of camera for your child’s room, there is a certain level of fun and intrigue that comes with being able to see your child day and night when you are not in the same room. To do this without scrolling through the footage for hours, Nanit lets you access a timelapse function to see your child’s day or night sleep patterns instead of seconds.
The Nanit Smart Baby Monitor
As far as baby cameras go, the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor does more than just monitor your baby. It also tracks his or her temperature, and any movement in the room and features both night vision and night light.
Get the latest product recall alerts and new product reviews
Or, you can buy a floor stand separately and choose to use it to get the camera in the right position. Since you download the corresponding app to go with the camera, you can always keep an eye on your phone’s feed, even when you are not at home and you have left your baby with the sitter.
And when you come back and want to open other apps on your phone, you can still choose to have the sound of the camera feed in the background of your phone.
And the security is really a big part of asking for this type of camera for your child’s room, there is a certain level of fun and intrigue that comes with being able to see your child day and night when you are not in the same room. To do this without scrolling through the footage for hours, Nanit lets you access a timelapse function to see your child’s day or night sleep patterns instead of seconds.
You can either mount the camera on the wall or purchase a stand separately, but in both cases, the installation allows easy removal and relocation once you want to move it indoors or elsewhere in your home.
For $ 100 / year, Nanit Insights allows you to view footage from the last 30 days and includes time-lapse video. For 300 / year, you can purchase a subscription to Nanit Insights Unlimited, which gives you unlimited access to past
See the latest prices and promotions on the Nanit website here
Where to buy:
You can find it on the manufacturer’s website here.
- Being able to place the camera directly on top of your child’s goat will give you the best possible view, and not all baby cameras can provide that.
- The camera has a small night light, but it is not too bright and will not keep your child awake, but instead will allow you to access the camera at midnight without turning on the actual light.
- The cost of subscribing to a plan with 30 days of access to the previous videos is less expensive than you would pay for the Nest version of the same thing.
- The quality of the live feed and video clears itself, and it won’t be pixelated or pixelated even if it’s on all night.
Even when your internet is gone, the camera will continue to stream, as it will stay connected to your router and network.
- You can add other users to watch and track video feeds, but that means they could potentially delete the videos you wanted to save.
- Setting up and pairing cameras with your network can be a hassle and a long and tedious process.
- While it offers a lot of reliable and reputable baby cameras, some families may not like the fact that it costs around $ 300, not including the second year of subscription service.
“My wife and I were a little skeptical at first, but after a few weeks of using this thing, we’re glad we went with the Nannet Monitor. Got up. ” – David Spitz on Amazon.
We’ve been through a few monitors so far, but this is who we’re going to be with. Makes. I enjoy this monitor and highly recommend it. ” – Ryan Post on Amazon.
“Nanit is a really great product. It not only monitors our baby while he sleeps, but also provides a good night’s sleep / visual summary and helpful tips. We usually start our day with a specific time of night for our baby. The system will highlight big moves and night waking hours. Our baby has just started rolling at night, and Nanit can capture those moments and make it very interesting to watch. The system is easy to install (we attach to the wall) and set up. ” – Evan Kim on Amazon.
Nest Security Camera
You may already be familiar with or at least familiar with Nest’s high technology and modern thermostat and doorbell technology. Naturally, the Nest Arena to address the brand was internal security in the form of a nest security camera, which could be used as a Nanit for your baby’s home.
However, unlike the Nanit, the Nest can be easily set up anywhere and moved around the house at any time.
This allows you to keep track of any room of your child and not just his or her bedroom, it is especially useful if you are out of the house for the day and leave your child to spend time with the sitter in the living room. What’s more, in such a situation, you can access the stream of the video from your phone wherever you are. And with the camera’s built-in microphone, you can even talk through it.
You’ll receive regular alerts for significant movements that the camera detects, and it can tell the difference between a simpler and more subtle change between walking someone around the room and moving your baby to their grooves. Like all things Nest, it takes the technology a few steps further.
Nest cam features
You can easily set it on any flat surface so that it can survey a room, or use its built-in magnet to stick to the metal. It also has a wall plate that can be wall-mounted to attach it, or you can choose to use it with most standard tripods.
There are three Nest Aware cloud storage options. The first, which offers five days of video history, is 50 / per year. The second, which comes with 10 days of video history, is 100 / year. And the third option is $ 300 / year and offers 30 days of video history replay
Where to buy :
You can find the camera on the manufacturer’s baby product website and at Amazon or Walmart stores.
The room where the camera is installed not only has the ability to listen to the activity, it also has two-way audio.
You can mount the camera in almost any place and there are several different ways to choose according to your needs.
The app will alert you about any changes to the camera, including movement, noise, and anything else that changes the environment of the house.
You can set up the camera via Alexa, which means you can manage it more accessible than the app.
The cost of a subscription can be a bit high, mainly the only logical option is to pay for one that only offers video history replay for more than five days.
In the event of an Internet or power outage, the Nest camera stream is sensitive to loss of connection.
Although it has night vision features, it may not be bright enough to see the camera in the room.
“I bought this camera to use as a baby monitor. It works great. Image quality is excellent in both light and dark. The word is fine, not great, but it is enough for most purposes. The camera setup was very simple and the app has a simple user interface. ” – Michael P. on Amazon. The camel.
“The best thing ever! I have these plus different brands of home security cameras. I can talk to my kids or pets through the camera, which is probably why they’re my favorite ৷ and a ‘ding’ to let them know when I’m going to talk and when I’m done. There are voices. These are my regular ‘face-to-face’ conversations with my four-year-old son. And I don’t know what white video is like! ” – Heather Schulze on Amazon.
“I like it. I can examine the kids at work and peek upstairs at 3:00 in the morning to see ‘what the noise was.’ I can say hello to the kids from a distance. Of course, it requires a subscription to keep a video history in the cloud … but it is optional. All in all, very good. ” – Maria S. on Amazon.
The Verdict: Nanit or Nest Cam?
There are obviously a lot of similarities between Nanit and Nest Baby Cameras and in their core parts, they are both effective enough to help you monitor your baby’s sleep. But when it comes down to it, the Nanit Smart Baby Monitor is going to be the more logical and overall powerful option.
In terms of cost-effectiveness, it offers a lot for families who want to get a decent amount of cloud storage without breaking the bank, and it also has a very user-friendly app that can be accessed at any time of the day or night, even at home.
Even if the installation is a headache for some parents, in the end, being able to get the kind of perspective and access that Nanny allows is definitely worth it. Even if you subscribe to a more basic package for saving videos, it’s still effective and you’ll still get plenty of content to playback and watch.
The final thought of the Nanit smart baby monitor vs nest camera
Even if you already have a video baby monitor or a baby monitor period, it certainly won’t hurt to have an indoor security camera like this one.
Among the Nanit Smart Baby Monitors vs. Nest Cameras, the Nanit is a powerful option for most families, but really, having a camera like one of these can be the difference between having a normal baby monitor and really feeling that difficult feeling. Security and peace of mind.